Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saved File Started

There. Everything is up and running, and I've got the page how I want it to look (for now at least). So, then, opening blog post it is!

My main use for this will be to just clack out my thoughts/impressions/opinions on any game I'm playing at the moment, or life and how it's going for me in general. I would have just stuck with the comments section on the Backloggery, but those are small and tend to get overwritten and possibly deleted, and I'd like to look at what I wrote several months back when it comes down to it, honestly.

As far as life goes right now, I'm doing good. I've got about a month left of wearing the brace I need (due to bike accident) to wear, then it'll just be onto the outpatient physical therapy to work back up the torso muscles that have been weakened and lazy these past two and a half months.

In my video game world, I beat U.N. Squadron - a SNES shmup - today. I've owned the game since at least 1995, but as far as I can remember I never actually did beat it until today. The second-to-last level was an utter bastard. Rather, not the level itself, but it's boss. In a game where you're scrolling from left to right and shooting in that direction, putting a boss's weak point above you with shields on either sides makes for a tough boss.

Then you've got the fact that missile launchers and screen-ranged flamethrowers keep coming onto the screen via the train-like tracks on the floor of the gigantic cavern you have and it becomes a battle to just stay alive while you spam whatever special weapons will even hit the damn boss above you.

Still, I love the damn game and I'm glad I finally finished it. I can only imagine the amount of hair I'd tear out of my head when I'd go back to it and upgrade the difficulty above Hard to the "Gamer" difficulty.

Until the next save point, Sobou's out.

No comments: