Monday, August 4, 2008

The fuel tank is empty...

... and the driver is tired as hell. I've been up for seventeen and a half hours and I'm ready to just crash. First things first though, gotta jot out all the crazy shit that went down today. Well, maybe not crazy, but all the same.

I woke up at around 7:26am this morning rather abruptly to a fire alarm blaring throughout my household. I figured it was temporary, and if at least forty minutes is "temporary", then sure enough it was. Turns out the fire alarms in the household have reached their five-year life expectancy and decided to shit out on us. Go figure.

Took a long walk before heading to my weekly Dungeons & Dragons game, and that went well. Had some jumbo shrimp and the session ended well for us, with the third out of ten "Queen's Eyes" dying to our ten-character (1 PC + 1 NPC for each person) party. We play a mix of 1.0 and 2.0 rules, with a lot of house rule mods as well. Normally, I'd question this, but our DM has been playing for 30 years, so we just go with it. Plus, it lets me cast mage spells even though I'm a cleric, so rockin'.

Went to the movies at 9:45 to see the third Mummy movie. Overall, it was pretty good. It's been awhile since I've seen Brendan Fraiser in a movie, and Jet Li did a decent preformance for what he was. Plus, the yeti kicking the chinese soldier in the balls and scoring a home run was funny as hell.

And now for the main portion of this whole thing: The news from my own video game world. Couldn't decide what to play earlier today, then I just up and picked back up Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion for the 360. I still had the Dark Brotherhood, Mages Guild and Fighters Guild questlines left to finish, so I figured I'd hop into it. Before I left for the Mummy movie I finished up the Dark Brotherhood (and became the Listener of all things...), adding another leadership title to the repetoir of jobs my character does in the Oblivion world.

Seems almost impossible for someone to multi-task like that... Being the leader of an assassin's cult, the leader of a thieves' guild, the Champion of the country, the central Arena's Grand Champion, and soon the Arch-Mage of the Mage's Guild. It defies even video game physics.

I'm also plodding along bit by bit in Final Fantasy V Advance. Trying to do the Waterfall dungeon where one of the two remaining tablets is, and all I seem to be accomplishing is mastering classes, since I can't seem to find my way through any deeper. Oh well, it's ABP and it's all good.

That's it for now, so until the next save point, Sobou's out.

No comments: