Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gimme a F'ing break

I may have been a tad harsh when it came to my previous review on Bram Stoker's Dracula for the Genesis, but compared to some of the crap shovelware coming out nowadays I'll take that game in a heartbeat. At least that was a video game! Compared to some of the titles that Nintendo is letting companies like Ubisoft defecate onto their consoles, Dracula was awesome.

Some of the worst turds that I'm seeing now are nothing more than 3rd party duplicates of things like Wii Sports and Nintendogs. Granted I never gave a shit for the latter but apparently it did it's job well enough to have four thousand even lamer clones fired out of a rectum cannon to loiter noisily amongst the good titles the DS has sitting around.

Nintendo makes a virtual dog raising emulator and next thing you know series like the "Petz [Animal]z" are camping out next to the Imagine [Profession] series of "games". I'm trying to find a good deal on a used DS game shelf, and I have to toss aside failures like "Bratz Kidz: Slumber Party" to try and find a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for under $25.

And as if it wasn't bad enough, the same thing's happening to the Wii! Everytime I go to look at the Wii games, the stock is 80% mini-game collections that rip off Wii Sports like Babysitting Party and shovelware games that are making stuff like Kung Fu Panda actually look good.

I don't suppor the PS3, but even it's meager collection is looking better than the giant collection of crap that Nintendo is letting companies like Ubisoft spray all over it's waggle-heavy console like a pent-up torrent of diarrhea. As it stands, I'd much rather pay more for a console if it will further solidify itself in saying "We don't have as many games, but you won't have to wade through shit like the stuff flying out on the Wii."

This is why I fully agree with Noi-sama here when I say that Nintendo needs to get their shit together, and fuck Ubisoft. We have to deal with hundreds of horrid titles like that when companies can't get their shit together, deal with some minor profit gains, and give the gamers good shit that we want. Things like english translated official ports of Namco x Capcom or anything from the Super Robot Wars series we haven't received yet.

Yeah, I realize that it'll cost a lot of money to do that. Any more money that shitting out 30 different clones of a single game that all suck? At least gamers WANT those games, not Nintendogs clone #390 with extra waggle action.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can believe that. I used to be a pretty big Nintendo fan. Not a fanboy, per se, but I never was interested in the XBOX or PS3. Well, now I own a 360, love it,and haven't honestly touched my Wii in months. It just stopped being fun. I want some good games, dammit, and I want them NOW!

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%.

Sadrack said...

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree. There ARE great games on the Wii, but they're far and few compared to the torrential rain of crap that's out on the console. It's a sad thing really.

iLag said...

Agreed. Problem is, people are actually buying the crap. Parents that have no idea what to get their eight year old daughters and the aforementioned daughters, brainwashed by television commercials during kiddie shows. You cannot educate these people, because the former don't give a damn and the latter want to belong to the in-crowd (of eight-year-olds? Oh, what a world.) Plus, that's where the money is, so expect a lot more Ubicrap games in the future. Damn, we are elitist nerds (but that's good). And I'm glad I have a son, really. >_<